Hiking Bayview Hill on June 17th, Father's Day

  • Jess
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 9:56 AM
      Last Sunday a great group of people with young children hiked on a less-used trail in McLaren Park, and everyone seemed to want more hikes. The kids set the pace, the youngest being a couple weeks old and the oldest maybe four-years-old. Is wasn't terribly rigorous as you can imagine, but it was great fun for the kids and some good connections were made between parents.

      The next group hike of this kind will be JUNE 17 from 10-12 (or 10-1) on BAYVIEW HILL in San Francisco. You'll feel like you're in the countryside. We will meet at the end of Key Avenue, and start walking on the fire road there at 10:15 (waiting with toddlers is like herding cats). It's uphill a quarter mile, then there is a flat loop at the top with great views and picnic areas. This is Father's Day, and perhaps a nice way for Dad to meet some other dads, exercise, and have a good time. Big kids would LOVE Bayview Hill--there are WPA staircases to run around on, trees to climb, and rocks to clamber over. Actually, big kids would be totally into this hike.

      Sorry if it seems like I'm making a plug for my blog, but the best way to join up on these and more hikes will be to sign up on Hill Babies (http://hillbabiessf.blogspot.com/).

      I think there is a great desire among parents for this sort of thing, as about 30 parents showed last weekend. Because we were in a wide-open space, it certainly wasn't too big of a group---if anything, it was inspiring and exciting.

      Best regards,
      Jess