Fw: USPS- Post Office Issue-- Meetings this Wednesday & Thursday

  • marlene tran
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2011

      •  Thanks to folks who attended the first USPS meeting on September 20th regarding the proposed closures of  three post offices in our Southeast Sector ( Visitacion Valley, on San Bruno Ave and on Lane Street in the Bayview).
      •  I hope the the USPS representatives ( Raj and Debbie) and Congresswoman Pelosi's assistant, Alex Lazar, will convey our serious concerns about the effects of these closures on our communities. I also presented to Debbie my petitions with thousands of signatures to save all three post offices.
      • If you missed last week's meeting, please attend the second meeting on September 28th at the Visitacion Valley Middle School, 450 Raymond Ave at 5:00PM. The third meeting will be at 5:00PM on September 29th at 1300 Evans Street.
      • Last week I already went on Sing Tao Radio to talk about our concerns in Cantonese-Chinese. Yesterday's Sing Tao newspaper also mentioned our USPS concerns.
      In addition to Ralph Nader's information below, I need to point out that District 10 is anticipating a building boom with thousands of units added to our neighborhoods so we must maintain the post offices to service our increasing population.
               Regards,
               Marlene Tran
               Visitacion Valley Asian Alliance ( VVAA )

      In case you haven't seen this yet, Ralph Nader sent a letter to U.S. Congress committees about how the Post Office can save money to avoid closures:

      http://www.nader.org/index.php?/archives/2318-Nader-Says-Postal-Service-Financial-Problems-Manufactured,-Time-to-Stop-Closing-Post-Offices.html