SF Urban Riders - Letter from the organizer

  • Ifitefire4u@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2011
      Hello friends, neighbors, and fellow advocates,

      SF Urban Riders will be hosting our 3rd Annual Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day event (TKMBD) at San Francisco's McLaren Park on Saturday September 24th.  This is a FREE event for all local youth ages 7-14 years old, and the best part is NO BIKE REQUIRED for participants who want to play, but do not have an adequate mountain bike. Our Partners SFRPD, YMCA Bike Program and Blazing Saddles are all donating bikes for the cause!

      SFUR is working closely with as many youth service providers in the area like Real Options for City Kids (Visitacion Valley), Boys & Girls Club (Excelsior), and the Boys & Girls Club (Sunnydale). Unfortunately we can not reach out to everyone, but promise SFUR has some other surprises to enrich kids lives with bicycles this holiday season.

      SFUR is happy to announce we already have 40 Youth  RSVP's to this event, and are anticipating 60-90 youth to participate in this One Day special event focused on healthy recreation.

      Like any non-profit trying to do something good for the community, SFUR could use any help the community can offer in order to make this a safe and successful event.

      WHAT WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR:
      Registration booth
      Hospitality table
      Road crossing guards
      Trail marshalls
      Photographer

      Please spread the word!

      Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

      Sincerely,
      Dan Schneider
      SF Urban Riders
      415-298-2504

      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.
      http://sfurbanriders.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ff876894f889be4454ed7a159&id=6bd15b0949&e=55b9cfd395
      Action Alert!

      Upcoming - McLaren Bike Park Design Workshop #3

      Show your support for mountain biking in San Francisco by attending this up and coming meeting. This third meeting will be the final chance for cyclists and the community to view the bike park plans, make suggestions and rally around the cause. If you want a place where you and/or your children can develop cycling skills safely, you don't want to miss this meeting!

      Saturday September 24th from 2:00pm-3:30pm

      Location:  Multi Purpose Room – HERZ PLAYGROUND
      1700 Visitacion Ave @ Hahn St
      San Francisco
      CA, 94134

      Click here to RSVP and make sure to share the event:
      McLaren Bike Park Face Book Page

      map link:  google map

      http://sfurbanriders.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ff876894f889be4454ed7a159&id=2650173d6e&e=55b9cfd395

      Help build trails, donate to the cause!
      3rd Annual Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day @ McLaren Park

      A national event to promote off-road cycling for youth and as a family activity.An IMBA world-wide event - Locally
      organized by SF Urban Riders. Event Info: Saturday
      September 24th, 2011.
      Event Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
      Location: McLaren Park
      (Eastern Parking Log at intersection of Mansell and Visitacion Ave)...
      more

      Highlights from the McLaren Bike Park Meeting #2

      SFUR and SFRPD held the second Community Design Meeting at John McLaren School just across from the proposed bike park site. Many of the same faces from Design Meeting #1 were there to continue to help design San Francisco's 1st bike park. After much productive discussion, we moved into comparison/contrast of the 3 conceptual bike park layouts...more

       Unsubscribe from this
      st | Update subscription preferences

      --
      Help McLaren Park