Font need

  • Sergio Majluf (O)
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hello all

      I need to work with an old file made originaly on GenericCadd and when I open it in VCadd, I get an alert message warning some font missing so the drawing come slow trying to find them.
      The fonts are:
      a.. Optim.vcf
      b.. Book.vcf
      c.. Garamond.vcf
      Could somebody please tell me where to find them?

      Thanks in advance

      Sergio

    • Timothy Carpenter
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
        Sergio,

        The fonts are part of Generic Cadd 6.0 (et. al.). I've sent them to your
        direct email address.

        Regards,

        -Tim-

        Timothy Carpenter, P.E., Pres.

        GeoDynamics Consultants, Inc.

        5043 Whitlow Court

        Commerce Township, Michigan 48382

        248-363-4529 (Voice & Fax)

        248-766-1629 (Cell)

        geodynamics@... (primary)

        geodynamics@... (secondary)

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
          I just converted to Windows Vista from XP. I did a clean install and now
          need to re-install VC5 from the CD. I read that is takes some "special"
          steps to do the install from the CD to Vista. Is this true?

          If so can someone give me the steps to perform the install.

          Thanks,

          Bob P.
        • Sergio Majluf
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
            Tim

            Thanks for the fonts

            Should I change the .fnt extension or convert them in some way?
            I've copied them to the Font folder even changing the .FNT by .VCF extension and doesn´t works.

            Any clue?

            Thanks again

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
              Sergio,

              Sorry, I forgot about the need to convert the fonts. In Visual Cadd, go to
              HELP and do a search for FONT CONVERT. It’ll give you instructions on how to
              effect the conversion.

              geodynamics@... <mailto:geodynamics%40comcast.net> (primary)

              geodynamics@... <mailto:geodynamics%40att.net> (secondary)

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
                  Tim

                  Thanks a lot

                  I followed the instructions and all went fine.Now the file open OK

                  Regards

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
                    --- In visualcadd@yahoogroups.com, Bob Petruska <petruska@...> wrote:

                    > I just converted to Windows Vista from XP. I did a clean install
                    and now
                    > need to re-install VC5 from the CD. I read that is takes
                    some "special"
                    > steps to do the install from the CD to Vista. Is this true?
                    >
                    > If so can someone give me the steps to perform the install.
                    >

                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Bob P.

                    Bob

                    I recently upgraded to a new box with Vista installed. I did a
                    standard install of VC and it works fine so I'd suggest you should
                    have no trouble.

                    John