Re: Sam-Hane Gathering ;o)

  • DERMIDOFF KAREN
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2008
      I hope you will all have a wonderful Samhain, I know you will.  My thoughts will be with all of you.
      Karen

      From: Ian Celtson <iceltson@...>
      To: Carla & Thom <soozyd@...>, Dan aka butch muffin
      <todanburns@...>, Dan Butch Muffin in a TuTu Burns
      <Commit2Growth@...>, Thom Eggert <thomeggs@...>, Karen
      Dermidoff <dermidoff@...>, Nikki Hobart-Palmeri
      <nhobart322@...>, Scott Nichols <nicholsscott@...>, Nikki
      <nhobart@...>, Linda Smith <cameocallie01@...>
      Sent: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:31:40 -0700 (PDT)
      Subject: Sam-Hane Gathering ;o)

      > Hi guys!
      >
      > Ok...so, Samhain is fast approaching.  Like...big-boned gal
      in
      > stilettos on a banana peal down hill fast approaching.  I can't
      > believe it's already this Friday.  Wow...dark half of the year
      > already...and it seems just yesterday we were entering the light
      > half.  And, of course, that means it's the Pagan New Year already
      > too.
      >
      > So, with that in mind, I have some questions, ideas and tid-bits to
      > discuss with you, since you are the ones who advised you would be
      > available and wanted to do something on Samhain.
      >
      > Nikki, Linda & Karen, I know you won't be there physically, but I'm
      > including you in the email, because I know you'll be there in spirit,
      >  and I value your insights and thoughts greatly. :o)
      >
      > First...the only place available to rent a cabin was Waterloo Rec
      > Area.  (a.) That is kind of far from the Samhain Tree & the Scrying
      > Hill. (b.)
      I visited the cabin(s) after I reserved one...and they
      > kind of sucked. Seriously.  (c.) I'm broke, cuz of the new car thing
      > and all.  (d.) We all live fairly close to Pinckney now, and to each
      > other for that matter. I was thinking that we could meet up at
      > Tharla's (assuming that is OK with you Tharla), and we could all
      > head out together from there.  Afterwards, we could all have a
      > Samhain feast like usual, but instead of being in a yurt or cabin,
      > we could do it at my place, Tharla's place, or even Dan's place.
      >  Not making any assumptions here, just throwing ideas out.  Please
      > let me know your thoughts.
      >
      > Second...I've been giving it some thought, and I was wondering what
      > you guys thought of me inviting Ellen.  Not saying we should, or
      > must, just asking for your input and thoughts on the subject.  You
      > can reply to me in confidence...I will not share your
      > feelings/thoughts with anyone else.
      >
      > Third...this season's Samhain gathering will be scaled down from
      > previous years.  Much of my alter stuff is gone, so there will not
      > be a lot of setting up to do this year. Those of you who have
      > participated in the past, I know you're doing the happy dance at
      > that thought.  HOWEVER, I would still like everyone to bring at
      > least one carved pumpkin to contribute to the sacred space.  Also,
      > if anyone has a cart or wagon, please let me know.  That way we
      > could load all our pumpkins in that together, as well as the other
      > alter stuff.
      >
      > Forth...PLEASE check your email tomorrow for pre-Samhain tips on
      > preparing for the ritual, and for the ritual outline.  We will all
      > have parts to play, and we will still do the
      procession to the

      ------- End of Original Message -------