File - Viridian Dreams FAQ.txt

  • viridian_dreams@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 135 , Nov 1, 2012
      Viridian�s FAQ / Rules.

      Keeping this short and sweet, or relatively so.

      List Rules:

      1. Be polite and respectful. We�ve established a pretty good standard for non-acrimonious learned debate on here, and I�d like to keep it that way. Personal attacks, obstructionism, and rampant stupidity have no place on here. If you have to seriously ask yourself if one of your posts qualify as one of the above, then the answer is probably yes.

      2. Bashing-lite. Yes, we all know someone who was an issue with �maths�. Beating the deceased equine any further isn�t going to change that. Likewise, overt bashing of other authors is discouraged. (Criticism is not prohibited, but keep in mind that it�s better to do so where they can see and respond if they feel the need.)

      3. Don�t spam the list. Off-topic is one thing (and one thing we do well), but shilling your business/product is un-cool. (Buy ad space on my blog if you need it, LOL.)

      4. If you are going off on a tangent, please alter the subject line to reflect that.

      5. When replying, please clip off the excess text.

      6. Nit-picking and asking questions is fine, but please show some respect and exercise a little due diligence first. There are plenty of resources available, so checking your facts before flaming isn�t too much to ask. It also lets you avoid a fair bit of ridicule. *grin*

      Q & A:

      Q: When is the next chapter coming out?
      A: Go here: www.viridiandreams.net to see the progress bars for the current work in development. The ads help me pay my web hosting costs. I�ll also post non-fiction and original fiction tid-bits there as well. Check out the forums!

      Q: Why are my posts not showing up immediately?
      A: I have to put new members on moderated status to stop spammers from abusing the list. When I switch us to unmoderated status, we get spam within the day.

      Q: Who are the moderators?
      A: Currently, it�s me (Viridianprime), my wife and beta Lindsey/Runsamok, and beta Joseph Baum (Bibliophile).

      Q: What the heck is Naruto/Harry Potter? What references do you use?
      A: For Harry Potter, I normally go by www.hp-lexicon.org and for Naruto, www.wikipedia.com has some fairly detailed articles.

      Q: What if I have a question that should be added to this FAQ?
      A: Email me with it.
    • viridian_dreams@yahoogroups.com
      Message 135 of 135 , Apr 1 5:10 AM
        Viridian�s FAQ / Rules.

        Keeping this short and sweet, or relatively so.

        List Rules:

[...]

        A: Go here: www.viridiandreams.net to see the progress bars for the current work in development. The ads help me pay my web hosting costs. I�ll also post non-fiction and original fiction tid-bits there as well. Check out the forums!

        Q: Why are my posts not showing up immediately?
        A: I have to put new members on moderated status to stop spammers from abusing the list. When I switch us to unmoderated status, we get spam within the day.

        Q: Who are the moderators?
        A: Currently, it�s me (Viridianprime), my wife and beta Lindsey/Runsamok, and beta Joseph Baum (Bibliophile).

        Q: What the heck is Naruto/Harry Potter? What references do you use?
        A: For Harry Potter, I normally go by www.hp-lexicon.org and for Naruto, www.wikipedia.com has some fairly detailed articles.

        Q: What if I have a question that should be added to this FAQ?
        A: Email me with it.