Re: Viridian Awakening

  • MercuryBlue
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
      > Not acurate. Posting it anywhere public kills the chance of
      > publication. If for example joining this group required aproval by
      > a moderator then it would be a private group and posting the
      > stories here would not be considered publication and wouldn't
      > affect the chances of the work being published in the future.

      Point taken. You're still not going to find original novels on
      fanfiction sites.

      MercuryBlue
    • The Unicorn
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
        Not good ones, or rather not publishable ones. There can be other reasons beyond the quality of writing the novel is unpublishable.

        The Unicorn

        MercuryBlue <MercuryBlue144@...> wrote:
        > Not acurate. Posting it anywhere public kills the chance of
        > publication. If for example joining this group required aproval by
        > a moderator then it would be a private group and posting the
        > stories here would not be considered publication and wouldn't
        > affect the chances of the work being published in the future.

        Point taken. You're still not going to find original novels on
        fanfiction sites.

        MercuryBlue

        Need Mail bonding?

      • MercuryBlue
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
          > Not good ones, or rather not publishable ones. There can be other
          > reasons beyond the quality of writing the novel is unpublishable.\\

          ...my point is flapping in circles above your head and you aren't
          bothering to look up for a second and see it.

          Original novels. Fanfiction. Mutually exclusive categories. You will
          not find the one on a site devoted to the other.

          MercuryBlue
        • The Unicorn
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
            No, I'm not ignoring that point. I disagree with it. Here are a couple of the reasons I do so:

            http://www.beyondthefarhorizon.com/phpBB2/index.php
            http://playground.pele.cx/
            The second one is very much adult stories but both contain fanfiction and original stories, some novel length.

            The Unicorn

            MercuryBlue <MercuryBlue144@...> wrote:
            > Not good ones, or rather not publishable ones. There can be other
            > reasons beyond the quality of writing the novel is unpublishable. \\

            ...my point is flapping in circles above your head and you aren't
            bothering to look up for a second and see it.

            Original novels. Fanfiction. Mutually exclusive categories. You will
            not find the one on a site devoted to the other.

            MercuryBlue

            in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
            to find your fit.

          • Juan Blasco Zapata
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
              Hi all:

              Sorry if This it's a  private discussion, but in the case of Ms. Wylie's site his Buffy's fanfic I really think that it's some sort of exception there. I very much doubt that you wold ever see any other fanfic there. BTW, in SOL or even EMCSA you could find some fanfics but if you ask to their authors/readers there I'm pretty much sure that practically everyone wouldn't know it.

              For me the most strange thing to me, it's the irrational actitude that most writers of original fiction hve about fanfiction: that it's some kind of subgenre that only teens care for....

              Greetings lastjuan

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
                Had it been a private discussion it would have been conducted by private e-mail so don't worry about it.
                I'm not sure what SOL or EMCSA have to do with the discussion as I hadn't mentioned them, as for the 'Beyond the Far horizon' site by fanfiction I was thinkin of the two novel length H.Beam Piper fanfiction stories, not Buffy funfiction.

                The Unicorn

                2007/4/1, The Unicorn <unicornzvi@yahoo. com>:
                No, I'm not ignoring that point. I disagree with it. Here are a couple of the reasons I do so:

                http://www.beyondthefarhorizon. com/phpBB2/ index.php
                http://playground .pele.cx/
                The second one is very much adult stories but both contain fanfiction and original stories, some novel length.

                The Unicorn

                Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

              • Lindsey Schocke
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
                  Hello,

                  To get an electronic copy of one of the novels listed below, send an email to Matthew's personal address, cladran@... , with the following statement:

                  I, (real name here) agree to not publish, copy, distribute, or transmit the requested original fiction without the permission of the author. Furthermore I acknowledge that all rights are reserved by the authors, Matthew and Lindsey Schocke.

                  Matthew will respond back with the story in an attached pdf document.

                  Now, we realize that most people are not professional editors, but we would like some feedback and/or questions. Questions you should feel free to send to the list, using spoiler warnings as needed. Feedback can be public or private as you wish. One format that works for people not used to critiques is to take each chapter and find two things they liked and one thing they thought could have been done better and comment upon them.

                  Novel Titles:

                  Series 1:
                  Viridian Awakening
                  Viridian Twilight (in progress)

                  Series 2:
                  The Deal
                  The Journey
                  The Arena (in progress)

                  Sincerely,
                  Lindsey Schocke

                  Geeks On Tap: Mission Accomplished
                  http://www.geeksontap.com/

                • Matthew Schocke
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007

                    Please disregard this post. I do not have anything ready to be sent out right now, as I am still working through some commentary I received from a Beta.

                    -Matthew Schocke

                    Proprietor of Viridian Dreams

                    www.matthewschocke.com

                    “Wouldn’t it be cool if…”

                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
                      LOL. Bad Lindsey.

                      --
                      Brandon

                      There are 3 types of fanfic writers. Those who write for the enjoyment, those who write for the reviews, and my kind; those that write because they've run out of things to read.

                      Support my brother!
                      http://www.justiceformichael.com
                    • Ed Becerra
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
                        --- In viridian_dreams, Lindsey Schocke wrote:

                        > Hello,
                        >
                        > To get an electronic copy of one of the novels listed below, send an
                        > email to Matthew's personal address,
                        > <mailto:cladran@...>cladran@..., with the
                        > following statement:

                        Lindsey, you forgot the important parts!

                        "I agree to acknowledge Matthew as the one true Authorlord, to whom
                        I pledge my faithful allegiance..."

                        Heh.

                        Ed Becerra
                      • mehubb985
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
                          --- In viridian_dreams@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Schocke"
                          <cladran@...> wrote:

                          > Please disregard this post. I do not have anything ready to be sent
                          out
                          > right now, as I am still working through some commentary I received
                          from a
                          > Beta.
                          >

                          > -Matthew Schocke
                          >
                          > Proprietor of Viridian Dreams
                          >
                          > www.matthewschocke.com <http://www.matthewschocke.com/>
                          >
                          > "Wouldn't it be cool if."

                          Aw, for a moment I thought I would be able to read your original
                          fiction. Now my hopes are shattered...
                        • bobman10000
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 4, 2007
                            <cladran@...> wrote:

                            > Please disregard this post. I do not have anything ready to be sent
                            out
                            > right now, as I am still working through some commentary I received
                            from a
                            > Beta.
                            >

                            > -Matthew Schocke
                            >
                            > Proprietor of Viridian Dreams
                            >
                            > www.matthewschocke.com <http://www.matthewschocke.com/>
                            >
                            > "Wouldn't it be cool if."

                            could you post a short summary or description of what type of story
                            they are please?
                          • okremer@gmx.com
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 5, 2007
                              Ups. Too late.

                              Sorry.

                              -------- Original-Nachricht --------

                              Message 14 of 18 , May 10 12:50 PM
                                Where can I find your novel, Viridian Awakening?