Re: [viridian_dreams] Year 3's Main Story Arc?

  • Ash Ngu
    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 31, 2006
      While highly unlikely, I keep on hoping that Harry and Dumbledore will reconcile their differences and become allies, if not friends. (If there was any Harry-Dumbledore conflict, Harry would definetely end up the loser. And I hate seeing Harry lose) I would much prefer it the problem of the strange operative/spy in Hogwarts would be addressed in year 3. Not only is it hinted that this spy is close to the Gryffindor Six, but he also seems to be very much aware of the "timeslide"

      Joshua <joshp@...> wrote:
      After re-reading the last chapter, I began to wonder what Year 3 will
      bring for the Gryffindor Six. Philosopher' s Stone and Chamber of
      Secrets both kept the main story arc, but Year 3 appears to be
      different. Sirius is already out, so I have to wonder what will take
      his place? I'm guessing that it will be a political-esque war between
      Harry and Dumbledore. Thoughts, questions, tidbits?

      ~Josh
      --"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

    • Mickey Maor
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 4, 2006
        Except that as I've been explaining it is NOT conveinient for Fudge or Malfoy Sr. (two seperate but related entities whose intrests while not identical do feed each other) to have the truth about Peter revealed, particularly not after Rita Skeeter's articles about Sirius Black and as for raising a panic about Sirius Black that would be nearly impossible to do  (and certainly not to the level needed to allow Dementors at Hogwarts) unless they can somehow silence any dissention on the subject.

        The Unicorn

        ScottL <scott@...> wrote:
        This whole discussion about what people know and don't know about
        peter and how they could find out seems to miss one point. If it
        becomes convent for Fudge for people to be in a panic over "A Dark
        Wizard SO Powerful and Evil(tm) That He Killed His Best Friend And
        Framed His Other Best Friend In Service to The Dark Lord", if that
        becomes convent, I do not see Fudge having much trouble whipping up the
        proper levels of panic.

        It is also possible that Harry will fight off the Dementors attacking
        Sirius in Chapter 31 which could then notify the ministry that he is
        helping Sirius then he might not even end up going back to Hogwarts and
        the Dementors will really be his problem. Dementors lay siege to the
        Burrow in chapter 31? Well probably no but you never know!

        SKL