Whats up with everyone

  • va_fish_freek
    Message 1 of 129 , Jul 1, 2001
      Well there has not been much activity lately so I
      thought I would post and give everyone a status report on
      my tanks. If you would like plese also posts status
      reports of your own tanks or maybe some things your
      working on or thinking of working on.<br><br>My 20 gal
      tank is doing well. About one month ago I got a 3-4"
      maroon clown and put in this tank. The clown is the only
      fish in this tank. The other inhabitants are a cleaner
      shrimp and some hermits and snails. Saturday morning my
      clown gave me a little scare. It was swimming rather
      strangly and at some points would acutally flip upside
      down at the surface of the tank. <br><br>I did a water
      change of about 25% and since then the clown looks and
      behaves normally.<br><br>My 45 gal tank is progressing
      well. Recently I have had a problem with some algae
      growth on the bottom. I dont know if its "slime" algae
      or bubble algae or not. I will see small bubbles
      form at the surface of the algae film. I think my
      timmer might have malfunctioned and not let my lights
      turn off for a period of a few days. I noticed
      lastnight around 12:30 that the lights where still on over
      2 hours after they where to have turned off. I got
      the timer working correctly today so we will see if
      my algae problems go away or not.<br><br>My next
      project will be to take the substrate that is currently
      in the tank out and put sand in.
    • Aaron aka va_fish_freek
      Message 129 of 129 , May 15, 2002
        Thats great to hear Pepsi. I have been working on getting some new photos
        of the maroon clowns as the larger one has a much more pronounced gold
        stripe now. I also got some of the Southdown sand a few months back and
        seeded it with SLS sand from www.candybass.com

        Post pics of your DSB if you can. I will be updating the photo section
        myself soon.