Maroon Behavioral Question

  • sr3w
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2002
      Hey all - I'm trying to figure out what's going on with a pair of
      maroons that I've got:

      Both (but most frequently the female) can be found kicking up a
      storm of substrate with rapid thrusting of their tail, while using
      their pectoral fins to stay in the same position above the bottom.
      The whole display lasts about a second, and in the several minutes
      that I've taken to write this post, the female has done it 4 times.

      I'm curious to learn what this is all about.

      Please tell me this is a prelude to breeding!

      Scott
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2002
        While I do belive I have read this is a pre mating behavior I personally
        did not witness my female maroon do this until after I had lost the male
        maroon in the tank. :(