Live Rock ????

  • denisesdude
    Message 1 of 129 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hi. My name is Jeff, 37, and I live in Herndon,
      Va. I had saltwater aquariums when I was a kid, 20
      years ago. For Christmas this year my girlfriend gave
      me a large gift certificate for Petco with which to
      purchase an aquarium, etc. and start a salt water tank. I
      have begun reading books and web sites and understand
      that "live rock" is the way to go nowadays. Here's my
      dilemna: My girl doesn't think live rock tanks look nice
      and wants a tank with dead rock/coral only. I would
      like to try one with only live rock. The tank is going
      in "our" livingroom, so I am trying to compromise.
      My question is, is it beneficial to have some live
      rock in the tank with dead, maybe a 50/50 ratio, or is
      it an all or nothing situation with regard to
      getting all the beneficial effects of the live rock?
      Thanks for you help. Jeff
    • Aaron aka va_fish_freek
      Message 129 of 129 , May 15 5:14 AM
        Thats great to hear Pepsi. I have been working on getting some new photos
        of the maroon clowns as the larger one has a much more pronounced gold
        stripe now. I also got some of the Southdown sand a few months back and
        seeded it with SLS sand from www.candybass.com

        Post pics of your DSB if you can. I will be updating the photo section
        myself soon.