RE: [viola] romantic composers

  • Juan Krakenberger
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2001
      If you have a scanner, select the measures you want to show, paste them onto
      the e-mail you are going to send, and that is all there is too it. (I have
      had several such e-mails sent to me - no attachments, just a few measures
      within the e-mail). Only snag, instead of 4-9 kb this will take twice as
      much or more, but it wont slow down the receiving of mail to an unacceptable
      measure.
      John Krakenberger
      http://www.geocities.com/krakenberger
      Essays on String Pedagogy
      http://mp3.com/krakenberger
      Recordings on different violas
      ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
      Ein Nilpferd sass am Meeresstrand
      und wusch sich seinen Arsch im Sand.
      Möge wohl Dein Herz so rein
      wie dieses Nilpferds Arschloch sein.
      Heinrich Heine
      ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
        Hi Les,
        I agree with you. Glazunov Elergy is a beautiful piece.

        I dont have the sheet music/score with me right now but I think I
        played the D on open D string and shift up to 3rd position for the A
        on D string (2nd finger on A). I do this simply because when I first
        started learning the Elergy, I was still new to the instrument and I
        did not attempt the high position unless it was necessary (Elergy is
        the second piece I played on the viola).

        I am still trying out different fingerings each time I play that
        piece. The funny thing is I never get sick of playing it.

        Meng