Carburetor Installation, 1973 F7 175

  • tyarbrough1
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2013
      When installing the carburetor on a 1973 F7 175, it does not seem to fit snugly into the "Intake Boot"? Is there another part that goes between the carburetor and the boot? This motorcycle was a basket case when I got it and I am getting it back together.
    • valhallarc
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2013
        I have a 1972 f7 and had the same problem. I solved to problem by installing a NOS carb boot...unusually they are available on eBay. Before I got the new part, I wrapped the boot with electrical tape and it sealed it up good enough to ride until the part came in. I think, over time, the rubber on the boot shrinks. Also, be sure that the carb is secured with the rubber retainer on the bottom of the carb. Good luck