question about Occupied Japan machine

  • kathicanfixit
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
      Hello, everybody!
      (I cross posted this to wefixit, also...)

      My friend has just removed a motor from a machine and the decals say
      Made in Occupied Japan!!!
      So...we are excited, and I am writing to ask for advice from anybody
      who knows...
      Is there a market for the occupied Japan machines that is better than
      the standard Japanese machines?

      The machine decals on the front column and the motor say:

      Sewing Machine Factors
      San Francisco, California

      The Serial number on the machine is C5106531

      It is black 15 type machine with nice decals that have some stars in
      the pattern that runs around the base.
      Pictures might be forthcoming if she agrees.

      She is willing to sell this, but I think she will take her time until
      we find out how special it is...

      Please give any advice on the list or email me directly at
      kathicanfixit at yahoo dot com.
      Thanks for your help on this,
      Kathi
    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
        > Is there a market for the occupied Japan machines that is better
        than
        > the standard Japanese machines?
        >
        > The machine decals on the front column and the motor say:

        Hi,
        I have not checked recently butI have never seen the Occupied Japan
        make much of a difference in the machine's value. Right now none of
        these machines are worth much beyond their value as good sewing
        machines. It seems that the Occupied Japan market likes a different
        sort of item and the vintage sewing machine market does not like
        Japanese machines. Someday yhey will be worth something but there are
        too many out there and little interest in them.
        I have one labeled Admiral in my album "Kathy"
        Kathy
      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          :

          > Hi,
          > I have not checked recently butI have never seen the Occupied Japan
          > make much of a difference in the machine's value. Right now none of
          > these machines are worth much beyond their value as good sewing
          > machines. It seems that the Occupied Japan market likes a different
          > sort of item and the vintage sewing machine market does not like
          > Japanese machines. Someday yhey will be worth something but there are
          > too many out there and little interest in them.
          > I have one labeled Admiral in my album "Kathy"
          > Kathy

          Hi, I'm new to any sewing machine ..lol..And new to the group..I'm
          Debbie and I live in Louisiana...I have a Admiral sewing machine that
          was given to me ..I am trying to find out how old it is..the number
          plate in the machine is A-170224 it also has Brother stamped on the
          under side in the cast iron bottom..Can anyone tell me where I can find
          info on this machine and maybe a manual?..thanks for any help..Debbie
        • feeddog_1
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
            > I have one labeled Admiral in my album "Kathy"
            > Kathy

            Kathy, do you know who made your Admiral?
            My SewMor has the same stitch length setup.
            D.
          • Kathy
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
              > Kathy, do you know who made your Admiral?
              > My SewMor has the same stitch length setup.
              >Hi,
              To me the machine has the look of a Brother product. I do not
              recall if the machine has Brother on it. I have seen similar stitch
              regulators on many machines that were labeled Brother.
              Kathy