Re:Universal model KAT

  • BERNARD POKORSKI
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
      Hiya,
      ssf, I looked at the photos of your machine....with
      the paint wear, it looks like it may have been used in
      a tailor's shop or some other type of commercial
      establishment. It appearance leads me to think that it
      was probably produced sometime in the 1970's.
      As far as feet for the machine goes, I suspect
      that it probably will accept a regular low-shank foot,
      and a 15X1 needle. The plate on the back of the pillar
      does give quite a bit of information on the prigin of
      the machine, thankfully.
      Good luck with your new 'toy'....it's definitely
      been a hard-working sewing machine in the past!

      Regards, Bernie....A Little Ways South of Grass Valley, CA
      'Son of a Singer Man'
      http://community.webshots.com/user/sonofasingerman