Compact Brother Pacesetter from 1950's

  • smallboatexplorer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
      I have a small Brother from the mid-1950's. Billed as the Pacesetter,
      it is a bit heavier than a Featherweight, is a freearm rotary with
      what appears to be gear drive, has zz and a number of built-in
      stitches and came in a small suitcase. The foot pedal is a sort of
      Singer clone in blue. Nicely made.

      Anyone have experience with these? I can probably take some photos.
      I didn't spot any in the Photos section, but may have missed.

      Your thoughts will be welcome.

      Thanks,

      RWC
    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
        > Anyone have experience with these? I can probably take some
        photos.
        Hi,
        Please post a photo.
        Kathy
      • Richard
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
          Hi, I have two of these beautiful little Brothers, called the FZ. I
          also have the shop and operator's manuals. They sew GREAT. Rugged, and
          difficult to adjust and time. Rich in TN
        • smallboatexplorer
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
            Hello Rich. Thanks for the good response. I'll make some photos and
            post them for others.

            Any chance I could persuade you to copy the shop manual, for a fee? I
            have the users manual but haven't seen the shop version listed anywhere.

            Best,

            Bob

            --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "Richard"