Re: Keystone Model SAM Super Zig Zag

  • cmorningstar01
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2013
      If you post a few photos of the machine maybe someone can help identify which needle plate you will need, If it is an end loader many of them share a common plate however if it is a front loader then there may be quite a few different variations.

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, <thechief@...> wrote:

      > Trying to find information about this sewing machine. Presently trying to find needle plate for it.
    • john_j_12154
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2013

        Thank you for all the reply's. I found a needle plate. Then as luck would have it found on Ebay someone selling parts a sewing machine. I gambled and won the bid and got two needle plates and various presser feet that all fit. I really enjoy the things this machine does. Thanks

        John

        --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, <vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        If you post a few photos of the machine maybe someone can help identify which needle plate you will need, If it is an end loader many of them share a common plate however if it is a front loader then there may be quite a few different variations.

        --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, <thechief@...> wrote:

        > Trying to find information about this sewing machine. Presently trying to find needle plate for it.
      • sarisaparo
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2013

          Try Singer Store here in Chicago. They are known to be very helpful. Call them, maybe you can order a part. I recently bought a machine that also is Super Zig Zag model Sam and went to this store to buy a new engine belt. I showed pics of the machine on my phone and the guy said all the parts are easily available for this type of machine. Email me if you need a manual. sarisaparo@...

          ---In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, <vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Trying to find information about this sewing machine. Presently trying to find needle plate for it. It has one and that is for straight stitching only. Have used it and it seems to be working just fine. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

        • sarisaparo
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 26, 2013

            check this link. Parts are very generic, so it does not matter what brand...

            http://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/iso-where-buy-parts-antique-singer-sewing-machine-t144161.html