Morse super dial

  • nur4edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2013
      Could someone tell me where to purchase a belt for my Morse Super Dial machine? I am not sure of the model number. The machine is blue and cream. Thank you!
    • cmorningstar01
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2013
        First you need to determine the correct size belt, If you have the old one you can take it to your local vac/sew shop and match one up, If you do not have an old one you can use the string method, First loosen the motor mount bolt and adjust the motor so that the bolt is apx in the middle of the slot, Then tighten it so that it stays in place, Now take a piece of string and wind it around the handwheel and motor pulley and mark where it overlaps, Now you can straighten out the string and measure the length, Belts generally come in inches broken down to 1/8" increment so try to be as accurate as possible when measuring, When I use this method I generally buy 3 belts, 1 that is the measurement of the string and 1 that is 1/8" smaller and one 1/8" bigger, That way I am pretty sure one will be the right size. Remember when tightening the belt that it should only have enough tension to turn the machine and a little slippage is preferable to over tightening and binding the motor/machine.