Re: Tiffany blue Bambergers Sewing Machine in a cabinet

  • Cari
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14 12:22 PM
      Hi Bobbie,
      Your machine is probably a badged one sold by Bambergers Dept. stores out of New Jersey. Many stores bought machines and put their names on them. Look under the front edge by tilting the machine up out of the cabinet. You may find removing it from the cabinet will make it easier to work on. JA and JC numbers along with symbols and other marks help with identifying the manufacturer. Serial numbers are pretty useless on Japanese machines because there are no records to look up. There are generic manuals in the files here that may help you with operating the machine.

      Cari

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "wackyweavr" <wackyweavr@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      > I have a tiffany blue Bambergers sewing machine that I purchased at a Thrift Store. There was no manual with it and I don't even know where to look on the machine to find out what the model is to even try to get more info. It is in a sewing cabinet. Can someone tell me where to look on the machine to try and get more information about it. Do I need to remove it from the cabinet?
    • Maria Goetz
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15 10:37 AM
        >> Can someone tell me where to look on the machine to try and get more information about it. Do I need to remove it from the cabinet? <<

        Bobbie,

        You will need to remove it to best clean it. It should be easy to tilt the machine back, loosen, but not remove, the set screws and lift the machine out.

        If it is not obvious under the handwheel, you may find the model number under the front on the lip or casting edge facing you, on the side casting edge, on a plate under or near the motor, underneath on the bottom of the machine casting.

        Maria
        Smoky Mountains of Tennessee