Re: Pink Atlas?

  • Cari
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013
      Ginger,
      Atlas machines were built by Brother in the 50s and 60s. A quick search(with Bing-new computer) brought up thousands of hits. Most Atlas machines were pink but I've seen a couple blue ones. My guess is that the machine isn't frozen. You probably just don't have the levers/knobs/dials set properly. There are many places with Atlas manuals. if you can't find a close enough Atlas manual, try looking at Brother manuals, you'll most likely find one that's a twin of your machine.

      Cari

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "ginnie4girls" <gingerb@...> wrote:

      > Hi all. I got a pink Atlas machine a couple weeks ago and it is giving me fits. First off I can't find ANY info on it. It says made in Japan on the label but It's not like other pictures I see online. It has quite a few different decorative stitches (built in camstack) on it. Most of the Atlas machines I have seen are straight stitch. So far I can't get it to sew anything but a zig zag stitch. I've had it soaking in Tri Flow since I got it too.
      > I will try and get some pics up tonight. But I'm wondering if anyone has any info on ones with the built in camstack? I would love to get this machine sewing!
      >

      > Ginger

    • Ginger B
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
        Thanks! I haven't had much time to play with this one....daughter jsut
        got married and other kids back and forth to camp and such.
        I was wondering if a Brother manual might be what I need. Soon as I have
        some time I will be looking.
        the machine isn't frozen and sews nicely I just can't get it to sew a
        consistant straight or zig zag stitch.....it goes between the two with a
        mind of its own.

        Ginger
      • Cari
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
          Ginger,
          I just saw the photo you posted and boy was I wrong. Definitely not a Brother made machine. Probably a Koyo. Anyhow, I still think you need a manual so you can figure out all the knobs and dials. You may have to search for a manual by picture since the machine may have many different names.