Classic unknown maker ?

  • donlu2
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
      J-A 38 is stamped on the underside of the machine
      its labeled --- classic.
      We could not find ja 38 in the database
      can someone help identify the machine maker.
      Machine has a large dial with 15 or more
      stitch patterns and metal built in camstack.
      Thanks for trying to help
      -Don in ny
    • renegypsy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2016
        This sewing machine was made japan and sold under a variety of names. The model is a SAM B and is made by Nelco, Deluxe, Good Housekeeper, Necchi, Universal, Dressmaker and Regency. It is most common under the Dressmaker label.
      • rons_hobbies
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2016
          Can you tell us more about the model type? Makes perfect sense from the little I know about Japanese manufacturing and the industrial consortiums. Other models, who established them, etc?

          Thanks,

          Ron
        • karry_smith2003
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13, 2016
            Ron,

            JA 38 indicates it was built by Sanshin.

            Cari