uploaded pictures

  • bcjacobsjr8
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2012
      ok...found it... pictures of my newly acquired machine are located in "Beth's Machine". any information is welcome about this particular machine or suggestions on where i can look to obtain some more history of it.
      thanks
    • rons_hobbies
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
        Look for a "JA" number under the bed. You can check it against the group database and there are two files with lists. The newer one needs to be opened in Wordpad or Word, not Notepad, to render properly. You may get lucky. Some are unknown.

        Ron

        --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "bcjacobsjr8" <bcjacobsjr8@...> wrote:

        > ok...found it... pictures of my newly acquired machine are located in "Beth's Machine". any information is welcome about this particular machine or suggestions on where i can look to obtain some more history of it.
        > thanks

      • bcjacobsjr8
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2012
          there is no "JA" stamped on it anywhere... what i did find was what looked to be a half of a "4" followed by four more numbers stamped in metal on the bottom front, on the instruction manual is the model no. ZA-501... it has a "Strawbridge and Clothier 'badge" on the machine- Strawbridge and Clothier was a popular department store back in it day ... it has the made in Japan label on the front but the motor is stamped 'made in the USA'... i also have a tin of tools in the cabinet that came with it marked "visetti"....but not positive that the tin was actually sold with the machine...I've not been able to find anything pertaining to the model no. nor anything close to the serial number to give me any idea who this machine was made by...

          --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "rons_hobbies" <peter.pilot@...> wrote:

          > Look for a "JA" number under the bed. You can check it against the group database and there are two files with lists. The newer one needs to be opened in Wordpad or Word, not Notepad, to render properly. You may get lucky. Some are unknown.
          >
          > Ron
          >
          > --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "bcjacobsjr8" <bcjacobsjr8@> wrote:
          > >
          > > ok...found it... pictures of my newly acquired machine are located in "Beth's Machine". any information is welcome about this particular machine or suggestions on where i can look to obtain some more history of it.
          > > thanks

        • nim macfadyen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21, 2012
            I have a Precision Sewing Machine (accross the top of the head) with Best
            Built on the side and "TJK" with a circular symbol at the base. It is
            stamped JA9 (I think it's a 9) and has the same "gold and woody" looking
            badge on it as yours - Precision Deluxe Japan. Maybe this will help you
            track down your Clothier. Maybe not.....
            William

          • bcjacobsjr822
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
              do you by chance have a picture of your sewing machine described below...