Re: New Home 702

  • MaryR
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2012
      Thanks for the suggestions, After letting the machine sit for a couple
      of days after oiling it really well it is working good now.

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "k9dancer"
      <k9dancer@...> wrote:

      > Mary,
      > Have you checked the stitch width selector? It is located in different
      places on different machines; normally I find it on the pillar on the
      right or on the arm. Also, have you done a general cleaning & oiling?
      > Stephanie in AR
      >
      > --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "MaryR" masufa123@
      wrote:

      > > I have a New Home model 702 and can't find any info on it is there
      another machine simular that I can subsitute directions for? The problem
      I'm having is it will straight stitch sew and reverse but won't zig zag
      or do any of the special stitches. The knobs are all free moving and
      when I set the special stitch selector on a stitch I can see the
      selector arm move to the right cam, but when I sew it just straight
      sews. Hubby picked it up at a estate sale for 2.00 I don't know if it is
      worth messing with or not.