ISO Brother Project 181 feed dog plate

  • yufatting
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2012
      Hello all

      I picked up a Brother Project 181 at the local Goodwill outlet store along with a mocha Singer 301a short bed, both mounted in cabinets and both in running order and great cosmetic shape. Paid 7 bucks with tax for the both of them, WOOT.

      The Brother is missing the feed dog plate, but otherwise is in fine mechanical shape and the nylon gear is solid. Is there anybody in the group that has a junker Project 181 that could sell me a feed dog plate, or know of what models I should look for that have the same style plate? I have checked with the online vendors but haven't found anything yet...

      thanks in advance -

      Dana in Seattle
    • Cari
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
        Dana,
        I have I think 9 Vintage Brothers. I've found with my machines, it only depends on whether the machine is a front loader or an end loader, but any model that loads the same will have the same needle and throat plates. This place has lots of Brother parts-
        http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/brother-sewing-machine-parts-model-list.aspx

        Cari

      • Jercraft@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2012
          In great need of a bobbin winder assembly for Brother Charger 651 any help appreciated.