ZIG ZAG Model E-388 Photos

  • BERNARD POKORSKI
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
      Hi,

      I just took some photos of my "ZIG Zag Model E-388" sewing machine, and they can be seen at this link:

      http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/582277082OLPuMh

      I suspect that this machine left Japan as group of machine intended for 'branding'', but somehow, this one was never 'branded'. It's a heavier-than-normal machine, with a thick-walled cast iron body.

      I acquired the machine back in 2002, and just last yaar, I scored an original instruction book for it.

      Regards, Bernie....A Little Bit South of Grass Valley, CA
      'Son of a Singer Man'
      http://community.webshots.com/user/sonofasingerman
    • Laura Lake
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
        I vote that you brand this one the "Bernie-o-matic Special Super Delux
        Ultra"
        has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :0)
        Laura

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2012
          Hi,

          Laura in Alameda posted: "I vote that you brand this one the "Bernie-o-matic Special Super Delux Ultra" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :0)"

          There's a thought, Laura! Somewhere around here, I have a handful of old sewing machine 'badges' that I bought off of eBay several years ago. They came off of various parted-out sewing machine heads, and all have different brand names, but I don't think that I could put that together using them...

          Regards, Bernie....A Little Bit South of Grass Valley, CA
          'Son of a Singer Man'
          http://community.webshots.com/user/sonofasingerman
        • Jeffrey
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
            Looking at how you have the indent from the tension arm to the needle, along with Crown moffit, I was thinking Toyota. It looks a lot like the kind of model they built for White.

            Jeff