Re: New Home/Janome XR VII - Manual of Instruction Required

  • Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
      I came across a reference for threading it.

      http://www.ehow.com/how_7856738_thread-electronic-990-sewing-machine.html

      A lot of the sites have the service manual, but not the owner's manual. Janome supplied some models to White. You can check out White to see if there are look alike manuals.

      Jeff

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "alan.carr57" <alan.carr57@...> wrote:

      > I have recently acquired a New Home/Janome XR VII sewing machine. It is a lovely machine, with a range of functions, but unfortunately, I have been unable to find a user manual for it, despite searching the length and breadth of the internet. I have managed to thread the machine by feeling my way, but clearly this is not best practice and I would really welcome any information about the machine. Any help, advice or information will be gratefully received.

    • rons_hobbies
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
        Good deal Jeff was able to come up with a reference, but with these older machines sometimes working through it is the only way.

        99% of the time the thread guides will provide sufficent information to get through the tensioner, the take up spring, the take up arm and down to the needle bar.

        99% of the time the needle hold screw pushes on the round side to push the flat against the needle bar. The hook will pass through the needle scarf so they have to face each other for a final clue.

        Ron

        --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "alan.carr57" <alan.carr57@...> wrote:

        <Snip> I have managed to thread the machine by feeling my way, but clearly this is not best practice and I would really welcome any information about the machine. Any help, advice or information will be gratefully received.