Toyota questions...

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2010
      Hey Y'all,

      I have a question or two about my Toyota treadle type sewing machine I'm hoping someone on this group can help me with. I picked this up back in February, but haven't had time to really play with it, yet. But I'm hoping that someone on this group can shed some light on this machine for me.

      It is a zig-zag, can be used with or without electricity (which was the main reason I wanted a treadle), and is in need of a slider plate. I measured the opening and it is 2 7/8 L x 2 1/2 W. I would like to find a replacement plate and also to know if the presser feet for either Singer or Kenmore will work with this machine. It has a straight shank on it. There were some interesting parts in the drawers of the cabinet, too and I'll post pictures of them as soon as I can figure out how.

      As for the belt, the one that is currently on it is definitely worn out and appears to be falling apart. As I've never used this type of machine, I would love to know the proper way to put a new belt on it.

      I guess that's it for now and I look forward to hearing from others on this list.

      Thanks,

      Debbie..(O: