Re: any ideas on how to fix paint discoloration?

  • Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2010
      I've seen variations of this from different sources, but I can't tell which from the photo. Spilt coffee. Some bad shelacks and clear coat have discolored that way. Decals going bad. A heat source from underneath. Is it lying on the surface or in a surface layer? Has it penetrated the paint? Was it ever stored on a heater? Did the last owner drink decaf, or real coffee?

      Jeff

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "sofawine" <sofawine@...> wrote:

      > may be a little hard to see, but in this photo
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintagejapansewingmachines/photos/recent/\
      > 1525073314/view> , you can see where the paint is a bit discolored... i
      > tried just cleaning it with a damp rag and soap as well as a little
      > polish with some sewing machine oil... but no luck. any ideas? what
      > would cause something like this? it doesn't seem to be dirty, seems more
      > like a stain or something...
      >
      > thanks for the help!

    • eric m
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2010
        Sorry to say but I dont think so.
        The paint has faded just like an auto does

        Eric