Re: Dressmaker W800

  • Rayna
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2010
      After searching my "resources" I've found a manual for a machine that looks nearly identical to yours, and uses cams. It may not be EXACTLY the same but it should get you through use, care & maintenance just fine. You can download immediately or order a hard copy. Find it here:

      http://www.sewingmachinemanual.net/Sewing_Machine_Manuals/Deluxe_Zig_Zag/Deluxe_ZZ_89_instruction_manual.htm

      Best of luck!
      Rayna
      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "consorte_bella" <consorte_bella@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone. I have been searching high and low and cannot for the life of me find any info on my Dressmaker sewing machine. I am specifically trying to find a manual, but I'd be happy with any info, especially a threading diagram.
      >
      > Here's what I have-
      >
      > Dressmaker De Luxe Zig Zag W800
      > JA 12
      > JNZ 622513
      >
      > I know it is a branded Japanese machine, which is why I thought you all could help. It comes with design cams that get placed in the top.
      >
      > I have gone on a few manual sites and looked at their pictures and haven't found anything similar yet.
      >
      > I have uploaded a picture and put it in a folder names Dressmaker W800.
      >
      > Thanks everyone!

    • consorte_bella
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2010
        Rayna,

        That does look pretty close! I had looked on that site myself, but after an hour or so of looking through all of the manuals my eyes got a little wonky and I missed this one. THANKS!

        Steph

        --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "Rayna" <momsdragginwagon@...> wrote:

        > After searching my "resources" I've found a manual for a machine that looks nearly identical to yours, and uses cams. It may not be EXACTLY the same but it should get you through use, care & maintenance just fine. You can download immediately or order a hard copy. Find it here:
        >
        > http://www.sewingmachinemanual.net/Sewing_Machine_Manuals/Deluxe_Zig_Zag/Deluxe_ZZ_89_instruction_manual.htm
        >
        > Best of luck!
        > Rayna
        > --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "consorte_bella" <consorte_bella@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi everyone. I have been searching high and low and cannot for the life of me find any info on my Dressmaker sewing machine. I am specifically trying to find a manual, but I'd be happy with any info, especially a threading diagram.
        > >
        > > Here's what I have-
        > >
        > > Dressmaker De Luxe Zig Zag W800
        > > JA 12
        > > JNZ 622513
        > >
        > > I know it is a branded Japanese machine, which is why I thought you all could help. It comes with design cams that get placed in the top.
        > >
        > > I have gone on a few manual sites and looked at their pictures and haven't found anything similar yet.
        > >
        > > I have uploaded a picture and put it in a folder names Dressmaker W800.
        > >
        > > Thanks everyone!

      • Jeffrey
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2010
          There is also a Best Built in the photo section that looks similar. Here are some clues to consider.

          JA-12 have turned up with Edison and Brother badges, but one Brother has also been labeled Toyota across the bottom.

          The lay out of the cam compartment is similar to a White, Morse Super Fotomatic, and Remmington known to be made by Toyota. Some Dressmakers have been identified as Toyota.

          Just in case position. Koyo also made Dressmakers and built machines for the White and Domestic labels. If this machine was one of those, the manual would probably be available under Singer.com.

          Jeff

          --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "Rayna" <momsdragginwagon@...> wrote:

          > After searching my "resources" I've found a manual for a machine that looks nearly identical to yours, and uses cams. It may not be EXACTLY the same but it should get you through use, care & maintenance just fine. You can download immediately or order a hard copy. Find it here:
          >
          > http://www.sewingmachinemanual.net/Sewing_Machine_Manuals/Deluxe_Zig_Zag/Deluxe_ZZ_89_instruction_manual.htm
          >
          > Best of luck!
          > Rayna
        • Jeffrey
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2010
            Flipping through the Photo Albums I found Bernie's American. I think this will give you an approximation of the cams.

            The Best Built wasn't as close as I remembered, but it still might be a leed.

            Jeff

            --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "consorte_bella" <consorte_bella@...> wrote:

            > Rayna,
            >
            > That does look pretty close! I had looked on that site myself, but after an hour or so of looking through all of the manuals my eyes got a little wonky and I missed this one. THANKS!
            >
            > Steph

          • consorte_bella
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 17, 2010
              Actually, I am lucky enough that the cams (except one) came with the machine. I am just having the hardest time getting the machine to work correctly. I even took it apart and cleaned and oiled, but there are still some issues.

              I sent an email with info and pic to the sewingmachinemanuals people but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else emailed them? Does it take a while for them to respond?

              Anyhoo, I may have to bite the bullet and take it in to my machine repair guy and ask him about it. I just hate to waste the extra money on an older machine that is usually so easy to work on myself ;(