Emdeko Zig Zag Machine

  • originalbettimon
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2010
      Hi!

      I found an Emdeko Zig Zag machine at the thrift store. The bottom has a tag that says: NL - 25949.

      It came with a manual, attachments, and a cam set. So, I'm okay for some information, but would like to know more about it. Like when was it made? Someone suggested that it was made by Brother?

      Any information would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    • Jeffrey
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2010
        I can't see the very front of the machine, but from this angle it looks flat with a rounded top like an old mailbox. If that's the casr, you may have a Riccar. Occassionaly Brother, Riccar, Toyota, and Koyo built machines that looked very much alike. That mailbox front is one of the Riccar traits that you don't find on the others. Emdeko also bought from a lot of the same companies as Morse. Some time there's more information about who built the morse version. So if you see a look alike, it doesn't hurt to ask.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2010
          Thanks for the info, Jeff!

          The top is almost flat, not rounded like an old mailbox.

          -