first post..

  • gofish
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2005
      I now have a pair of Japanese machines that I have accumulated. One I
      got for the color, the other for it's side plate. I see a lot of
      japanese machines but they are almost always missing one part or
      another so I pass them by. The two I bought where about the only two
      I've seen that where 100 complete and working. Where there many people
      powered japanese machines (other than Kenmore)? I need to find one of
      those.. Added an Arlon picture folder with my Ja machines in it. Arlon.
    • L Speers
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2005
        Arlon, I have a Mieco handcrank. I know nothing about it and am curious too.
        It also has a decal of an elephant and some Japanese characters around it
        that probably say "elephant"<<G>!
        It is a 15 clone and is lacking the working bits of the tension so I need to
        replace that and see how it works. There must be more people powered
        Japanese machines out there but mine is the first one I have seen.
        Linda

        >From: "gofish" <w38_55@...>
        >To: vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [vintagejapansewingmachines] first post..
        >Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:15:40 -0000
        >
        >I now have a pair of Japanese machines that I have accumulated. One I
        >got for the color, the other for it's side plate. I see a lot of
        >japanese machines but they are almost always missing one part or
        >another so I pass them by. The two I bought where about the only two
        >I've seen that where 100 complete and working. Where there many people
        >powered japanese machines (other than Kenmore)? I need to find one of
        >those.. Added an Arlon picture folder with my Ja machines in it. Arlon.

        Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
        stationery, fonts and colors.
        Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN´┐Ż Premium right now and get the
        first two months FREE*.