Re: [vintagejapansewingmachines] Meico Handcrank

  • L Speers
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
      Hi Ray, and thanks for responding! The tension does have that little divided
      ring but there is no bump or raised area on either it or anthing (that I can
      see at least) on the dial part of the assembly to catch it. Good point about
      taking it in to a shop though-I didn't realize it might be possible to get
      just the little bits. Maybe someone has taken it apart and left out
      something crucial as it doesn't seem too likely to not be able to have it
      hold an adjustment,<G>!
      Thanks!
      Linda

      >From: "Ray Revette" <rrevette@...>
      >To: vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [vintagejapansewingmachines] Meico Handcrank
      >Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:41:21 -0500
      >
      >On 23 Dec 2005 at 3:27, Linda Speers wrote:
      >
      > > Hello and happy holidays to all of you! If I can ever manage to find
      > > batteries that are actually charged, I will send a photo of the two
      > > Japanese machines I currently have. One is a nice shiny green and
      > > chrome number, badged "Arrow" that looks exactly like this Pinnock
      > > that is from (badged I guess?) Australia:
      > > http://www.needlebar.com/makers/australia/pinnock/models/index.html
      > > This one is confusing me as I cannot figure out how to make the
      > > tension work-it has nothing in it that stops the dial from turning
      > > all the way around in either direction. Very odd. Does anyone know
      > > what I could do about that?
      > >
      >Hi Linda,
      >The part in the tensioner that may be missing is the small flat ring
      >with a diagonal piece across the center that fits into the divided
      >post. This ring has a small protrusion piece slightly bent outward to
      >catch the stop marks inside the final numbered piece with the face
      >surrounded with holes.
      >
      >Most sewing machine repair shops will have a collection of these
      >ringes. Folk on this list may have one that will fix your sewing
      >machine. There are some sizes that will not work but most will work
      >on many different machines. Good luck.
      >Ray/FL

      to offer.
      Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN´┐Ż Premium right now and get the
      first two months FREE*.