Re: Stradivaro 142 Pictures and Tension Help Needed

  • mclemons1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2009
      Eric,

      Thank you for your reply. I have the tension disks , I just didn't include them in the picture. I didn't ask my question very well, as I want to know if anyone knows if there is supposed to be that metal disk inside of the plastic knob, or if it is stuck in there and shouldn't be. I think the tension assembly has been disassembled before since there were scratches around the holes on the screw that holds the assembly to the machine. I wondered if maybe a piece didn't get put back in or if that metal disk (which looks like a washer) is supposed to ride in the threads of the inside of the plastic knob to put pressure on the spring and it is stuck inside the knob. I also wanted to see if anyone might have a tension assembly that looks like this that they would be willing to sell.

      Thanks,

      Michelle

      -
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2009
        There is another member on this group,Randy
        I think he has one of these mach.
        Maybe he can help?

        Eric

        > Michelle
        >
        > -

      • mclemons1
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2009
          Good Morning,

          With Bernie's (aka sonofasingerman) help I now know what the problems with my tension assembly. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! It has a broken part and one missing part, so it can't be repaired. I am on the hunt for a tension assembly that will work. I have added pics in my album of mine.

          http://tinyurl.com/ng3pjr

          The hole in the machine is 1/2" across. I ruined the spring getting the assembly off of the machine, so I need that too. The pictures show the unit disassembled and a couple of pictures came from the manual to show how the thread comes off of the tension spring. The thread pulls down after it leaves the spring. It would have to be the type that the presser foot take up lever pushes against the pin inside the split post to release the tension on the disks.

          I sure have learned a lot working on this machine. I had planned on giving it to someone who wanted to learn to sew after I got it up and going, but now I'm kind of attached to it!

          Please contact me if you have a tension unit that would work that I could buy or you know of one.

          Thanks,

          Michelle