Montgomery Ward UGH-1335A

  • chanabean
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2009
      Over a year ago I saw a Montgomery Ward machine in the local thrift store. When I took a closer look it seemed to be a well made machine. It was pay-the-taxes week though, so I didn't feel like spending the money. When I looked it up at home I discovered it was a Happy-made machine, and fairly well regarded. Of course it was already gone from the store. Then I discovered I really like some of the M-W machines. So I've been on the lookout for the same model at a reasonable price. Ta-da! Picked her up yesterday. She's in better shape than the one from the thrift and was cheaper, too. The cord and plugs were recently replaced (the price sticker was still on them) and an ugly white Alpha Sew motor has been added. Other than a little needed "vintage olfactory patina" removal and a bit of cleaning she seems to be in good shape.

      <http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2525258960104365465NvxJRR>

      <http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2222519970104365465lEjopF>

      Jai in CNY