Re: [vintagejapansewingmachines] Singer 319 part question

  • Hazel Norquay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2009
      Hi,
      From memory this is the fork that operates the zigzag when the "bite" dial is moved to operate the width (needs a drop of oil too).  Sometimes the levers for the "bite" dial are frozen, needs a good helping of oil, triflow, or if available Inox (Australian product) and gentle pushing and pulling.
      Hope this helps.

      Hazel N
      Toowoomba - Garden City
      Queensland Australia

      --- On Tue, 30/6/09, jonathan1892 <jonathan1892@...> wrote:

      From: jonathan1892 <jonathan1892@...>
      Subject: [vintagejapansewingmachines] Singer 319 part question
      To: vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com

      I just purchased a Singer 319.

      I flipped through the 306 manual that came with the machine but didn't see any part listing for what looks like a tiny open end wrench to the right of the needle bar. Can anyone familiar with this machine tell me what that is?

    • jonathan1892
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2009
        It looked like a locking mechanism to me. Thanks for clarifying.

        I purchased this machine even though the motor ran but the needle and feed dogs weren't moving because I really wanted a 319. The machine hasn't been used in years. I will check and oil the "bite" dial. Thank you for your reply!!!

        -