Hello!

  • Terry&Debbie
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 27, 2005
      hi! Is anyone around? I have a Piedmont model 600 made for the
      Hudson's bay Company. The label says it was made by the International
      Sewing Machine Company in Vancouver ,BC. It is a very pretty turquoise
      and white. It takes cams, which a member of another group found for me
      in California. I can hardly wait to see them. She found 21 out of 24
      which is a very decent amount of cams-comparable to my Singer 403A.
      Another interesting thing I discovered about this machine is the
      default satin stitch is a decorative ball stitch of all things! I have
      posted a picture. It was given to me in a Singer treadle cabinet. The
      machine seems very quiet and best of all takes standard low shank
      feet. Thank goodness since I have low shank Griest attachments coming
      out of my ears! Bye for now, Debbie in Sask. Canada
    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
        Hi,
        Neat machine. Machines like yours were sold under dozens of names, I
        have a similar White. Cams can be a real pain . It seems every brand
        has their own and the cam boxes don't have any identification.
        If you wanted to you could install a spoked handwheel and treadle or
        handcrank this machine. The spoked wheel really isn't necessary to
        treadle but it carries more momentum and makes treadling easier.
        Kathy
      • Debbie Lauzon
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
          hi Kathy! I am really lucky that a friend found the cams in a flea market in California, when I am here in Sask, Canada. That is just too strange!LOl.
            Thanks for your suggestion, but the machine works too good to treadle it right now. I am going to look for a Singer treadle machine in so that it is a correct layout. I have already turned the 99 into a handcrank, and havent got it working right since. Have you posted a pic of your machine? Do you belong to ISMACS? There was someone thre who collected Japanese machines. I should post a message there to get more activity going on our list. Debbie in Sask.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Kathy
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
            -
            Hi,
            I considered joining ISMACS but never got around to it. I have
            bunch of 15 copies, two older Brothers, three or four Japanese Whites,
            and three Babylock sergers. On the group homepage is my Juki-made
            white it is a class 15 with a rotary takeup, I will post pics of
            others soon.
            Feel free to advertise this group anywhere it is allowed.
            BTW What is wrong with your 99 handcrank?
            Kathy
          • Debbie Lauzon
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
              hi Kathy, I can pick up the bobbin thread, but it will not sew a stitch! It is just as well that you skipped ISMACS. I get the odd interesting tidbit, but it is really geared to OLD machines and there doesn't seem to be much interest in anything else.  Debbie

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Colisa Vavrecka
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 13 8:01 PM
                I just joined, My name is Colisa, I am the mother of 4, three adult boys
                (I say adult loosely)
                and one 18 yo daughter that just moved out and is doing good... I should
                be an empty nester, but I have a son that just crash landed home for a
                bit...
                no big deal he is a big help with my 4 adult and 6 3 week old German
                Shepherds, but those joy filled fur kids are a different story....

                My daughter found a Janome 669 sewing machine for a little bit of money...
                there isn't an owner's manual to it. there should be stitch cams with
                it , no big deal yet...

                This machine looks clean, feels good except for the sluggishly slow
                stitching...floor boarded it still won't move fast
                I need a manual to see if there is directions on adjusting the belt tension.
                this is where I am betting the problem is.

                I have an old machine that is my baby, she's my grandmother's, a Royal
                Deluxe ZigZag...
                As long as I remember to thoroughly clean the lint out pretty often and
                oil she runs sweetly.
                every so often we spend some time with a toothbrush and pipe cleaner and
                shine the princess up.

                My brother has found me a treadle machine, i haven't seen it yet, he's
                in arizona, and i am in Texas
                i am excited about it... Can't wait to get it!

                Well, I'm trying to find a way to get this Janome ready for my girl
                need to find a owner's manual

                can I attach pictures?
                or should the go into the album?

                Hi all
                Bye all
                Colisa
              • W
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 11, 2013
                  Hello all, my name is Wendy.
                  I am looking for a manual and possibly the date of manufacture for a Brother Wizard 3KC 8844. It is similar in body style to the wizard manual in your database, but sports dual thread spool holders on the back of the machine. It also sits in a small desk. Thank you for any assistance.
                  Wendy
                • Cari
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 12, 2013
                    Wendy,
                    On another group you posted that your machine is a 3KC8846. Here's a manual-
                    http://www.tias.com/173/PictPage/3923741093.html

                    Not free, but a manual is the best tool for using a machine and worth the cost. There are no records for dating Japanese machines so all we can give is a best guess estimate. Wizard machines were badged by Brother in the '50s and '60s.

                    Cari

                    --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "W" wrote:

                    > Hello all, my name is Wendy.
                    > I am looking for a manual and possibly the date of manufacture for a Brother Wizard 3KC 8844.
                  • W Shafer
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 14, 2013
                      Thank you Cari!
                       I did see those recently and may actually purchase one yet, but i am still fairly sure it was a Wizard 3KC 8844 before the numbers faded some more. I was not sure how much of a difference there is between the 2 models, mine has dual thread holders, and I have yet to see one like it exactly, and was truly curious about the proposal of a twin needle stitching. But that brings me to the prospect of more parts?? Not sure. They would have to be really similar for me to purchase a manual. How do you determine how similar they are? Comparing models? I have also written to Brother themselves asking for a manual. The free manuals from Singer and Kenmore have made me determined to find a free Brother manual, hopefully. Thank you again.
                      Best to you!
                      Wendy

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
                        Wendy,
                        Just look for the manual pic that closest resembles your machine, whether it's a Wizard manual or a Brother manual or some other Brother badge. Brother made many badge names back in the day and in almost all cases I've seen, the badged machines were twins to Brother models. There is a directory of old Brother manuals but I can't access it from this browser, GGRRR.(Firefox).I don't remember seeing any Wizard manuals in it.
                        Just about any zig zag machine has the capability of twin needle sewing. It doesn't have to have triple tension disks or two spool holders to do so. You can use a spool holder and run both threads through one set of tension disks. I will sometimes use the second spool holder to wind a bobbin as I'm sewing.
                        Other parts? What is it that you need? Every all metal Brother machine I have will outlast me, I'm sure.

                        Cari
                      • W Shafer
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 18, 2013
                          Awesome, and thank you Cari. I am still learning about the fascinating world of sewing, and machines. On the very top of my Brother (white machine) there is a hole. Is something missing? do i need a part? Also, attachments for that style. From the manual, or random? Thank you so much.
                          Wendy in MO

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 25, 2013
                            I'd need to see a pic of the machine to tell you what's up with it. Attachments should be common low shank, they're pretty interchangeable.

                            Cari

                            --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, W Shafer wrote:

                            > Awesome, and thank you Cari. I am still learning about the fascinating world of sewing, and machines. On the very top of my Brother (white machine) there is a hole. Is something missing? do i need a part? Also, attachments for that style. From the manual, or random? Thank you so much.
                            > Wendy in MO
                          • W Shafer
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 30, 2013
                              Thank you Cari,
                              As soon as the moderator approves my photos, it is titled Wendy's Brother 3KC Wizard. I have uploaded 2 photos. One of a side view, and one with 2 of my Singers but it show the hole I speak of. Thank you, and let me know what you think please. i have also attached them to this message. Might work.
                              Wendy in MO-USA

                              --- On Fri, 1/25/13, Cari <karry_smith2003@...> wrote:

                              I'd need to see a pic of the machine to tell you what's up with it. Attachments should be common low shank, they're pretty interchangeable.

                              Cari

                              --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, W Shafer wrote:

                              > Awesome, and thank you Cari. I am still learning about the fascinating world of sewing, and machines. On the very top of my Brother (white machine) there is a hole. Is something missing? do i need a part? Also, attachments for that style. From the manual, or random? Thank you so much.

                              > Wendy in MO

                            • Cari
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 5, 2013
                                Hi Wendy,
                                It does look like there is a knob missing from your machine. I googled Wizard machines and saw some that look like there is a knob up there but since I don't have a machine like that I can't tell you what it's for. Maybe someone else can jump in here and help?

                                Cari

                                --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, W Shafer wrote:

                                > Thank you Cari,
                                > As soon as the moderator approves my photos, it is titled Wendy's Brother 3KC Wizard. I have uploaded 2 photos. One of a side view, and one with 2 of my Singers but it show the hole I speak of. Thank you, and let me know what you think please. i have also attached them to this message. Might work.
                                > Wendy in MO-USA

                              • W Shafer
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 7, 2013
                                  Thank you Cari,

                                  Understood, and looking into the machine from the top it does show gears, and it will turn. The machine itself sews fine, I was also wondering if any one else has a machine like that. The ones i see on e-bay currently have a slide lever versus a knob in that area. I do not know what it changes. Thank you for your help. I will keep searching.
                                  Wendy in MO-USA