Re: Koyo/National

  • Deena Flanigan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      Bought it, tri-flowed it, sewed with it till the feed dogs unstuck. It's a
      beauty. Nothing better than a class 15 mechanical machine in my book.

      Now, if anyone knows where I can find the teardrop shaped stitch plate with
      the straight stitch only hole......this would be a perfect quilting machine.
      Does pretty good freemotion.

      Sew on and sew forth,
      Deena Flanigan (Ark.)
      http://community.webshots.com/user/dflani
    • Wm G
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
        So the rise and fall mechanism of the feed dogs is in fail mode? That should
        be a fairly easy fix if there is nothing visibly broken.
        Using an example where the feed dog mechanism on the base plate in front of
        the pillar like this:
        http://brotherwilliam.com/stuff/treadleon/Remington/images/DSC06738.JPG
        If so looking here:
        http://brotherwilliam.com/stuff/treadleon/Remington/images/DSC06734.JPG
        there are 3 possible screws that have worked loose (the 3 that are visible
        above the word TOYOTA.
        You said " they do however move front to back."so the yoke to the left of
        the word TOYOTA in that pic is NOT broken.
        It is possible that the set screw in the knob on the front is loose?
        It is possible that there is no set screw, but it was knurled and is
        stripped?
        Loose screws underneath?
        I would buy this in a blink to have and to toy with because I think it is
        easily restorable.

        my 2p worth,
        brother william