Re: Koyo/National

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "deenaflanigan" <dflani@...> wrote:

      > Everything works on it.....EXCEPT! the feed dogs!

      Pull off the cover on the free arm and use PB blaster on all the feed linkage .wiggle and tap on the parts.
      It is just probably stuck from sitting.
      I use Amsoil MP spray it will never harden or gum up.
      It is prety thin so I use sm oil in the hook race seems to stick longer
      Never had a sm that I couldnt free up unless it was a rust bucket .I usualy just strip them for non rusted salvageable parts

      Eric
      Eric
    • Deena Flanigan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
        Bought it, tri-flowed it, sewed with it till the feed dogs unstuck. It's a
        beauty. Nothing better than a class 15 mechanical machine in my book.

        Now, if anyone knows where I can find the teardrop shaped stitch plate with
        the straight stitch only hole......this would be a perfect quilting machine.
        Does pretty good freemotion.

        Sew on and sew forth,
        Deena Flanigan (Ark.)
        http://community.webshots.com/user/dflani
      • Wm G
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          So the rise and fall mechanism of the feed dogs is in fail mode? That should
          be a fairly easy fix if there is nothing visibly broken.
          Using an example where the feed dog mechanism on the base plate in front of
          the pillar like this:
          http://brotherwilliam.com/stuff/treadleon/Remington/images/DSC06738.JPG
          If so looking here:
          http://brotherwilliam.com/stuff/treadleon/Remington/images/DSC06734.JPG
          there are 3 possible screws that have worked loose (the 3 that are visible
          above the word TOYOTA.
          You said " they do however move front to back."so the yoke to the left of
          the word TOYOTA in that pic is NOT broken.
          It is possible that the set screw in the knob on the front is loose?
          It is possible that there is no set screw, but it was knurled and is
          stripped?
          Loose screws underneath?
          I would buy this in a blink to have and to toy with because I think it is
          easily restorable.

          my 2p worth,
          brother william