Precision DeLuxe

  • Bernard J Pokorski
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2005
      Hiya,
      Bill Holman posted: Listen to "that part of you," Alice. You talked
      to an idiot. If it
      has "Brother" in all of those places, that's what it is. There is no
      more a "Precision" company than there is a "Deluxe."

      Bill Holman

      Bill, do you mean to say that there was never a company with the
      name "Precision DeLuxe"? I've always wondered about this, because there
      are so many of the Japanese imports out there, and a lot of them carry
      the Precision DeLuxe name on them, along with whatever name the seller
      decided to badge the machine with before it was sold as a new machine.
      As I understand it, Brother Sewing Machine Co. has always been a
      Japanese company, and now it makes me wonder if all of the machines
      sporting the Precision DeLuxe name were manufactured by Brother in
      Japan?
      It's probably as "plain as the nose on my face", but I thought that
      I'd ask anyway, as there seems to be a lot of mystery as to the
      original manufacturer when it comes to some of the Japanese imported
      machines.
      I have a number of the Japanese ZigZag machines, but only a couple
      of them identify the manufacturer. One is from the Nippon Sewing
      Machine Co. Ltd. Nagoya, Japan..and the other is identified as being a
      product of Toyota.
      A lot of them display a "JA" number (the "J" leans to the right
      considerably), under the bed in thr front of the machine...does anyone
      know what company used this "JA" as an ID?
      Regards, Bernie In Los Banos, CA
      'Son Of A Singer Man'
    • Bill Holman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2005
        "A lot of them display a "JA" number (the "J" leans to the right
        considerably), under the bed in thr front of the machine...does anyone
        know what company used this "JA" as an ID?"

        Bernie,

        All of the Japanese mfgrs used the JA, and the number after them
        designated who they were. Ed Lamx started a file in this Group's files
        to get people to help identify who the different JA #s belonged to,
        and it's still there.

        As to "Precision" & "Deluxe", in those days, if the mfgr thought it
        would make them more attractive to the potential buyer, they would
        have put "Industrial Strength" on them.

        Bill Holman
      • Ed Lamoureux
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 26, 2005
          --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Holman"
          <wghmch@c...> wrote:
          > ...if the mfgr thought it
          > would make them more attractive to the potential buyer, they would
          > have put "Industrial Strength" on them.

          Or "Featherweight".

          Ed