found some manuals

  • sharai4sca
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2008
      I found a singer manual for the 5102 and a 201-2.

      are these common manuals or do I need to scan these for posterity?
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
        --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "sharai4sca"
        <sharai4sca@...> wrote:

        > I found a singer manual for the 5102 and a 201-2.
        >
        > are these common manuals or do I need to scan these for posterity?
        Id scan the 201-2 manual
        Thats the only good one of the 2.
      • Bill Holman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
          "I found a singer manual for the 5102 and a 201-2...are these common
          manuals or do I need to scan these for posterity?"

          There is a PDF of the 201 IB from 1951 already floating around, that
          is readily available. I have it and I'm sure others do also and are
          happy to share it, so unless yours is newer, it would be a shame to go
          to all the trouble to scan it.

          Bill Holman
        • Ron
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
            I suggest joning the Vintage Singers group:

            That group would be the best place to put Singer files. I don't see
            either manual there. FYI, That is a great group, but BJ and Bill keep
            the group right on topic. Just so you are not surprised.

            I also checked We Fix It and didn't see the files there either.

            We Fix It is fun, but the topics bounce all over. Sometimes labeled as
            "OT", some thimes not. Again just so you aren't surprised.

            Ron

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
              "if is not too much trouble, could you tell me where I can find the
              201 manual"

              I have the 201 IB at a little over 6 mb & the service manual at a
              little over 8 mb. I can attach either to a reply to your e-mail if you
              have a high speed connection. They are too big for uploading to these
              Groups, and too big for a Yahoo e-mail address. Neither of these books
              is of any value with a Singer 750.

              Note: We really should take this discussion to a more appropriate
              Group for the subject matter.

              Bill Holman