Signature JC 12 Happy Montgomery Ward

  • peachgava
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008
      Just joined the group after getting this machine for free, it has been
      sitting in a basement for a number of years so it needs oiling and it
      sure smells musty.. It is heavy..have not weighed it but feels heavier
      than some of my singers..The machine is real clean too.Does anyone know
      where I can get a manual or generic one will do of course..No extra
      accessories came with it except for the bobbin that is in the bobbin
      case and the one pressure foot that was on it. Does it take standard
      needles? Oh yes I almost forgot I was given some plastic cams but I
      don't think they are for this machine but I stand to be corrected I
      just can't find any place to lift to insert a cam of this sort on this
      particular machine. Thanks so much in advance for any help I am looking
      forward to learning a lot about this vintage Japan sewing machine.

      Diane
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2008
        Look about four messages back for Linda's site for manuals. If you can
        post a picture someone may recognize common features to give you some
        basic information. And it almost certainly takes standard needles. Last
        week a long time machine mech (LOL, I can't remember if it was here or
        on another board) passed on this: 99% of the time the thread groove
        aligns with the last thead guide. The threaing should be pretty basic:
        down and around the tension disks, hooked on the take up spring, up
        through the take up arm and then down to the needle.

        Ron

        <Snip>