Re: Identify the mfg.

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, Paul Phillips
      <cptrdbrd@...> wrote:

      > Hi Eric
      >  with the groups help I think I have it narrowed down to a "Deluxe"
      or a "Super Deluxe", Dial-A-Stitch.
      >  thank you
      >    Paul
      Thanks

      Yes it
      says deluxe on it .
      But what Im looking for is the co. that made it
      FJ prefix is the is the mfg. code.
      Like JA prefix made by by Brother etc.
      It might be hard to track it down because some of the info is
      kinda scarce
      > -Iv tried too but not much luck.
      Anyway it is a real solid old machine, turquoise in collor

    • Paul Phillips
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
        Hi Eric
          it is a 2 tone brown and there is a JA19 stamped into the casting. it does say de luxe on back and dial-a-stitch on front.

      • missemilywong
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
          hi both,

          I have a dial-a-stitch deluxe and I can't seem to figure out how to lift the presser foot.
          there's no lever for my kneee to hit and lift the foot like on other (far newer) machines I've
          used. can either of you tell me how?

          thanks so much!!

          emily
          wrote:

          > Hi Eric
          >   it is a 2 tone brown and there is a JA19 stamped into the casting. it does say de luxe
          on back and dial-a-stitch on front.

        • Bill Eaton
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
            I have a dial-a-stitch deluxe and I can't seem to figure out how to lift the presser foot.
            there's no lever for my kneee to hit and lift the foot like on other (far newer) machines I've
            used. can either of you tell me how?

            thanks so much!!

            emily
            Hi Emily! There may be a lever at the back of the machine that you have to reach through and lift it with your RIGHT hand instead of most levers being made to lift by going around the end with your left hand. Bill Eaton