Re: ambassador 200 deluxe

  • Kathy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
      > could get a manual for it. I would also like to know if anyone
      knows
      > why it would smell hot when I try to sew

      Hi,
      Look in our files section for a generic Japanese manual. Be sure
      the machine is turning freely and the motor is not getting too hot,
      just feel it every few minutes it should not be so hot that you
      cannot touch it.
      Sometimes a burning smell is normal for a machine that has been
      idle, sometimes it is just lint or oil on the lightbulb or in the
      motor or foot control. It is normal for the foot conrol to get hot as
      it controls speed by converting electricity into heat. Note that the
      more time you sew slow the hotter the control will get. It should go
      away, just be sure the motor is not getting very hot.