Re: morse 350

  • BERNARD POKORSKI
    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2008
      Hi,
      Mary K posted "The lady I got it from bought it
      new and said she paid $100 less than list because of
      the color."

      Yow! Pepto-Bismol pink..what a machine! It's a
      very nice-looking and no-doubt very 'heavy' sewing
      machine. I'll bet that it's "built like tank" too.
      It's definitely a 'keeper' in my book!

      Regards, Bernie....A Little Bit South of Grass Valley, CA
      'Son of a Singer Man'
      http://community.webshots.com/user/sonofasingerman
    • Mary K.
      Message 2 of 8 , May 21, 2008
        --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, BERNARD POKORSKI
        <calchuck@...> wrote:
        >> Yow! Pepto-Bismol pink..what a machine! It's a
        > very nice-looking and no-doubt very 'heavy' sewing
        > machine. I'll bet that it's "built like tank" too.
        > It's definitely a 'keeper' in my book!

        Hi Bernie,
        Thank you for the positive remarks about my "Pink Lady". She is very
        heavy. I got the machine and a folding table for $25.00 so I was
        happy. I haven't had the opportunity to put it to the leather test
        yet, but I feel she will do it. The local Harley-Davidson dealer said
        they have need of someone to be present to sew on patches during their
        promotional events. I hope to use it for that. The only thing I have
        found wrong is the thread guide on the bobbin winder is broken, but I
        can replace that easily. I have looked at your albums and you have
        some very nice machines.

        Yesterday I was given a turquoise/white Dressmaker in a blond desk
        type cabinet that needs a lot of work. The lady who gave it to me found
        it in her storage shed after her parents moved out. She said it
        belonged to her grandmother and she wanted to see it go to someone who
        would care for it. I don't recall the model, but it has the complete
        set of cams and attachments. The machine is moldy and rusty andwas
        full of mice nests. I told her I will try, but no promises. In going
        through the drawers I also found a manual and attachments for a Singer
        201-2 which I obtained 2 weeks ago. So I have plenty to keep me busy,
        but it is soooo much fun.

        Have a great day!
        Mary K in MO

      • diquilts@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , May 21, 2008
          I'm really getting to really like those clones. I have a robin's egg blue Universal, a black Rolls, a pink Western 101, a two tone green (dark green on top, light green lower area) Good Housekeeping - then I have a two tone green (light green on top, dark green lower area) New Home. Recently got a Green Atlas - I thought unusual as I normally saw them only in pink. Kinda interesting faceplate area too.

          --
          Di in TN
          TN Treadler - TOGA TART

        • Phyllis Rosenwinkel
          Message 4 of 8 , May 22, 2008
            This machine looks like my Big Pink that I won in the 2007 RR TOGA. The cam
            shaft is cracked, but BP sews and most certainly looks great sitting next to
            Itty Bitty, the Grasshopper and Teeny Tiny, the Baby Bell.

            Phyllis in Iowa

          • Ron
            Message 5 of 8 , May 24, 2008
              I got my Morse Manual (different model) from Linda at
              http://www.sewing-machine-manuals.com/ She has many more then are
              listed on her web page.

              Ron

              --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "ronalddriggers"