Re: [vintagejapansewingmachines] new member with a bright blue machine

  • Betty Van Snspson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2008
      I had a Capitol, I think it was in the late 60's that I bought it from a door to door salesman. Worked great until my girls used it while I was at work. Broke the gear under the reverse button. It was plastic. No one could fix it. I glued it, and it is still going today for my niece. Now, I could make the gear, using my dremmel tool.
      You have to follow directions when changing the stitch pattern, and push in reverse to take the pressure off the gear. Otherwise it will break.
      An old sew & sew,
      Betty Van Snepson

      littlegemstudio <annrppprt@...> wrote:
      Hi, Bought a "Capitol" made in Japan, with a number C13035 stamped
      into the bottom of the bed. Any info ??