Chevy 409

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
      every
      > classic vintage and antique machine in the house had a name.
      > Sally
      I do believe I will name this Wizard "Chevy 409"
      DH said at one time they had a song about that car.
      He was singing it to me this morning.
      Helen
    • Bill Eaton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
        --- Helen <grampy@...> wrote:

        > every
        > > classic vintage and antique machine in the house
        > had a name.
        > > Sally
        > I do believe I will name this Wizard "Chevy 409"
        > DH said at one time they had a song about that car.
        > He was singing it to me this morning.
        > Helen
        > ***********
        > Hi! Yep, back in the early 60's. Song was about the
        Chev Impala with a 409CC engine. A real 'muscle car'.
        Bill Eaton
      • Valerie Lynne
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 25, 2008
          Beach Boys song 409 flip side of Surfin Safari album, Song about a car
          with a 409 Cubic Inch Displacement engine(CID), Recorded post 1962
          after they changed their name to The Beach Boys, Most cars from the mid
          1950's to early 1960's had Tail Fins, It was the style, Makes perfect
          sense that sewing machine manufacturers would copy the fin styling into
          their design, I am suprised that more did not use automotive styling
          and badge with names of cars similar to the Fleetwood Bernie posted
          about.

          Those were the days
          Valerie

          (snip)> Hi! Yep, back in the early 60's. Song was about the
          > Chev Impala with a 409CC engine. A real 'muscle car'.
          > Bill Eaton

        • BERNARD POKORSKI
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2008
            Hi,
            "She's real fine, my 409,
            She's real fine, my 409,
            My four-----oh-----nine'.....

            Ah, I could go on and on with that song..one of my
            favorite car songs from the days of my youth.
            I've always felt very fortunate to have grown up
            during the 1950's and 60's fantastic music, great
            cars, wonderful sewing machines, etc. It truly was a
            wonderful era to have have grown up in...probably the
            best!
            One of these days, I hope to score a chromed
            "Fleetwood" script from a junked Cadillac for the case
            top on my finned "Fleetwood", sewing machine.
            I actually once owned a white 1975 Cadillac
            Fleetwood Broughham. Nineteen feet-six inches of
            rompin' stompin' Detroit iron. That car had 500
            cubic-inch Cadillac V-8 in it, and as I recall, the
            curb weight was 5856 pounds....pretty close to three
            tons!
            With it's monstrous V-8 engine, I didn't pass
            too many gas stations without stopping in to fill 'er
            up, but man-o-man, what a car that was! That car was
            like riding in a Boeing 747 on the freeway/Interstate!

            Regards, Bernie....A Little Bit South of Grass Valley, CA
            'Son of a Singer Man'
            http://community.webshots.com/user/sonofasingerman