Re: Logo

  • kentitedune1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
      I did more research on the Toyota name and found this:
      In 1946, the first TOYOTA sewing machine was built under the strict
      supervision of TOYOTA founder, Mr. Kiichiro Toyoda. Mr. Toyoda had a
      strong belief that home-use products must be "functional yet
      beautiful". The first TOYOTA sewing machine, HA-1, was so highly
      regarded that it was allowed to use the same TOYOTA trademark as the
      TOYOTA automobiles. Since then, the TOYOTA sewing machine has continued
      to progress under the company mottos of "Quality Supremacy", "User
      Friendliness" and "Elegant Appearance" with a strong emphasis
      on "Environmental Awareness".

      Interesting bit of trivia

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Lynne"
      <cmorningstar01@...> wrote:

      > They look similar and both have a common theme of 3 ovals intertwined

    • kentitedune1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
        Actually you need to rotate the Toyota auto logo 180 deg. to really see
        the similiarity.