Montgomery Ward SM

  • Paramita Saha
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      I am a newbie here. I bought a Montgomery Ward SM from goodwill (model
      UHT 285C, low shank, zigzag, I think from 1971) and trying to find the
      cams for embroidery.

      I located two MW cams on ebay and not sure if they would work with my
      machine. The picture of the machine and the cams are in my folder - My
      Montgomery Ward SM.

      The first ones of the cams has the following dimension - Each cam has
      a cut out of 1/8" rectangular that sets down onto machine for
      insertion line up. The center shaft is round and measures 3/16". The
      height of the cam is 9/16, The diameter of the cam all vary due to the
      pattern of the stitch, range is approx 3/4". (Caliper is used, so the
      measurements is probably accurate).
      The second one is of the following dimension - The cams has numbers
      from 1-12 and Stretch is on another one. Each of the cams measure
      approximately 1-3/4 inches across (may not be accurate).
      The third one is from a singer and I was wondering if this is in fact
      the right shape/size for this machine

      I have also included a picture of the place at the top of the machine
      where the cams go. The raised inside shaft is about 5/8" in diameter
      and the diameter of the lowered circular region is about 1-1/8".
      I am burned once before when I bought a set of singer cams that did
      not fit, so want to be cautious this time.
      Any help is much appreciated.
      Thanks all and have a wonderful year.
      Paramita