Another Imperial question

  • seneath
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2007
      Thanks to all who have helped me out. I now have the tension unit
      attach to the machine and it seems to be working correctly. I also
      got a suprise this morning when I found that my husband had added a
      piece of electrical cord to the pedal. So my machine is now up and
      running.

      Now for my new questions.

      1. The stitch length seems to vary with how fast I sew. The faster I
      go the shorter the stitch. If I can keep to a medium speed the stitch
      seems to be fine. I am hoping to use this machine to sew seams that
      are 5 feet long and rolled hems that are up to 5 yards long, so I
      would really like to sew much faster than that. Is there something
      that should be cleaned or oiled in the stitch length control?

      2. The tension isn't right yet and I think the problem is with the
      bobbin tension. It is set so tight that the thread will hardly even
      pull through the opening. I had dusted it out and before I start
      adjustin to much I am wondering if there is a basic settion of the
      screw that I should know about.

      Again I say thanks
      Doreen (in New Brunswick Canada)