6575Question About Potential American Beauty

  • forgotten_echoes
    Jul 3, 2014

      Hello,

      I'm relatively new to the realm of antique sewing machines but find I am diving in head first.  I should note that i have not yet done any work on a machine, but am willing to learn.

      I recently came across a Craigslist American Beauty machine.  It's in a table, but doesn't look to come with much in the way of accessories or a manual, but I fell in love with the look.  I'm hoping to go and look at it in person, but I guess I'm not really sure what to look for.  There are so many variations of these machines out there that it is pretty overwhelming!  I should note that I have checked out Zorba's site.

      I'm under the impression this machine would have cams?  And I'm seen people mention to look for a cracked cam stack...will this be pretty obvious or is there something I need to have a trained eye to see?

      I also know that it is missing the slide plate, so I'm hoping somehow I can find one from a different badged machine.

      Thanks for any advice!

      Barbara

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic